Thursday 19 June 2014

Irregular Past Tense Verbs Cloze

Irregular Past Tense Verbs Cloze

Fill in the blanks below with one of the 15 irregular past tense verbs in the box.



began
blew
bought
brought
caught
drew
grew
heard
knew
said
sang
sat
sent
slept
threw


(1) Last year, we _________Grew________ carrots and tomatoes in our garden.
(2) She __________threw_______ the ball to her friend.
(3) The wind _______blew_________ the signs down.
(4) He _________sang________ a song for the class.
(5) She _________brought________ some milk at the store.
(6) I was tired so I _________slept________ all morning.
(7) He __________caught_______ a fish at the lake.
(8) We ________drew_________ pictures in art class.
(9) I __________knew_______ the answer so I put up my hand.
(10) He ________sent_________ an email to his classmates.
(11) I _________sat________ on the floor because there were no chairs.
(12) My mom ________bought_________ a pie to the picnic.
(13) She _________heard________ a noise outside.
(14) He __________said_______, "I will help you."

(15) It was a warm day so the snow _________began ________ to mel


Today we were learning to identify and use different forms of irregular verbs.This can help us, make our story more interesting and make our senses make sense . . . This is my work I've done by my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment